So you dyed thousands of Easter eggs, which means you hard boiled them, making them nasty and smelly. They may be painted all pretty, but unless you plan on throwing those pretty eggs out, you have to eat them. You can do things with them regardless of how nasty they feel and smell. Good luck!
Make English Muffin Egg Pizzas!
- English muffins
- olive oil
- tomato slices
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- grated mozzarella
- kosher salt
1. Make Hard-Cooked Eggs.
2. Toast 8 English-muffin halves and place on a cookie sheet.
3. Drizzle each with olive oil, then layer on tomato slices, hard-cooked egg slices (1/2 an egg each), and a little grated mozzarella. Sprinkle with oregano and kosher salt.
4. Broil 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
These are a great drunk food, fyi.
Make Sliced-Egg Sandwich With Herb Mayonnaise!
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/2cup watercress leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, and parsley and spread evenly over both slices of bread.
2. Layer one slice with the eggs and watercress and season with ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Top with the other slice of bread.
The mayo, mustard, parsley, and black pepper mask the terrible eggs, perfecto!
Make Smoked Salmon and Egg Canapes!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
- 2 small gherkins (small sweet pickles), minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion or chives
- 12 cocktail-size pumpernickel slices
- 12 small pieces smoked salmon
1. Make hard-boiled eggs. (yup)
2. Combine the mayonnaise with the finely chopped hard-cooked egg, minced gherkins, and the chopped scallion or chives.
3. Spread on the pumpernickel slices. Top each with a small piece of smoked salmon.
This one is for the nutritious people, still better than hard boiled eggs.